Dressings and topical agents containing hyaluronic acid for chronic wound healing (Protocol)
This review article was published in 2016 in Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (IF 2016: 6.124) by brazilian specialists. this study will include randomized controlled trials (RCTs), including randomized cross-over studies, that compare the effects of HA (as a dressing or topical agent) with any other type of dressing, topical agent, placebo or standard treatment, on the healing of pressure ulcers, venous, arterial or mixed-etiology ulcers and foot ulcers in people with diabetes. We will also include studies comparing topical agents and dressings containing different concentrations or types of HA delivery. Studies will be eligible irrespective of the language of the study. For cross-over trials, only the effects of the first randomized intervention will be considered.
electronic databases to identify reports:
- The Cochrane Wounds Specialized Register (to present);
- The Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
(CENTRAL) (The Cochrane Library) (latest issue);
- Ovid MEDLINE (1946 to present);
- Ovid MEDLINE (In-Process & Other Non-Indexed
Citations) (latest issue);
- Ovid EMBASE (1974 to present);
- EBSCO CINAHL Plus (1937 to present).
Not published yet.